If your app is importing content directly from a website, the key is making sure that your website has RSS feeds! With an RSS feed, DWNLD can seamlessly auto-populate your content. No effort required on your part.
If you don’t currently have RSS feeds, or you’re unsure, here is an easy step-by-step guide on how to enable this feature:
If Your Site Uses WordPress:
Turn On “Pretty Permalinks”
- Go to "Settings"
- Turn on "Permalinks"
If Your Site Runs On Squarespace:
Your site already has RSS built in to the blog page. You can double-check by adding "?format=rss" to your Squarespace URL, for example: "www.domain.com/yoursite?format=rss"
If You Have a Tumblr:
Your site already has RSS built in.
If Your Site Runs On Blogger/Blogspot:
Use RSSinclude. From there, you have 2 options.
Use the Blog Archive
- This is the bar on the right side that has your archived posts and list of followers
- Log into your Blogger Account
- In the Main Menu, select "Layout"; this will lead to a graphic of your blog
- Click "Add a Gadget"
- After this, you'll see a form with two sections: TITLE and CONTENT
- You create a title
- Keep RSSinclude open
- Get an RSSBox and follow the instructions on the site.
- Take the code that you receive after making an RSSBox and insert it into the CONTENT section.
- Hit "Save". This will take you back to your blog.
- On your blog, next to the “Monetize” tab, there’s a link to "View Blog"
- This will show your blog in the RSSBox format that you chose.
Use a Blog Post
- Keep RSSInclude open during the process.
- Go to your "Blog Administrator"
- Go to "Posting"
- Edit the post you want to add the RSS Feed to, or create a new post.
- Click on the "Edit HTML" tab above the post
- On RSSInclude, go to the RSSBox option to create an RSSBox. Follow the instructions on the site.
- Insert the code that you receive after making an RSSBox into the HTML editor.
- Publish the Post.